Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ebar Aami Choli

A poem I had written when I finally relocated from Kolkata in Feb 09. The title is in Bengali, it means " this time I am going"

Driving down the lanes of alipore yesterday,
I felt a gush of energy flowing through my body
it was reminding me of the wonderful time spent in my city of joy
the chai at balwant singh
the paan at lansdowne
the hot chocolate at gautam's
the italian at fire n ice

time has come to say goodbye
time has come for all those moments to become memorable
time has come to look proudly at the incomparable friends i have made
friends who would be the pillars of strength in my life
time has come to take on the world head on

ten years down the line
when i will look back at these days
there would be tears in my eyes
tears of gratitude
gratitude towards god for having given me such a wonderful phase in life
for having given me such wonderful friends

life moves on, time does not stop for anybody
who knows where all of us will end up in life
our paths maybe different but destination is one
some day all of us will meet up again
some day we will relive the wonderful moments
moments which i would not trade for anything in this world
life is but a collection of moments
and if given an option i would freeze time
freeze those moments forever

to all the angels in my life
thank you for all you have done for me
thank you for making my life a sweet dream
thank you for being there for me
in my ups and downs
in my happiness and sadness
thank you for giving me the time of my life

0 comments: